Monday 31 August 2009

Tommy

My best friends have always been the people I got to know in books I read. Call me weird, whatever, but that's how I see things. If I think about my sister Caro and her friends, it makes me cringe and feel ashamed instead. They're so stupid. Caro is different when she is alone, or when we're at Granna's. When around her friends, she acts so unbelievably dumb. Anyway, I wanted to tell you I decided to join Facebook. Curiosity might have killed a cat or so, but it probably won't hurt me. There was no problem signing in and all that. And it is safe. Nobody can see you unless they're your friends. I found Pamelia Kurstin. And she is my friend now in there. WOW!!! The things she can do with the theremin, it's just amazing!!!

And I can now talk to her if I want. Wow. And also the writer Armistead Maupin. Mom has some of his books and I read most of them. Made me think of our year in San Francisco. And how different the books are compared to my own memories of the city. But I was very young, then.

I mentioned the one friend I had, who took his own life? His name is Tommy and I decided to write a note about him on Facebook. It's about how we met. I figured he could date my mom. But things didn't turn out the way I thought they would. Instead Tommy and I became friends. Which was better, because if he'd dated my mom and they'd split up, I probably would never have seen him again. I know I won't see him now he's dead, but at least he's been around for a while. Tommy, Tommy. I hope you found what you were looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment